The following manual provides information on how to add content and manage content on your Hybrid Forge website. Parkland Regional Library has generously allowed us to use and adapt the website manual that they created for their own libraries on using Hybrid Forge websites.
How to log in to your website to make changes:
- Open an internet browser
- Type in your library's website URL, and add /user to the end of the web address (ie. www.peacelibrarysystem.ab.ca/user)
- Log in using the username and password set up for you by PLS
- Click the "Create Content" link on the left to create new content, or click "Content Management" to manage existing content
Note: If you do not have a username and password, or have forgotten your login information, please contact Peace Library System
How to make your own banners/images:
Blank and white image templates are available in sizes for both 2 column and 3 column websites. You can download a template and use it to create an image in a recommended size. To download: right-click on one of the links below, click on "Save Target As" or "Save Link As," and save the file to your computer.
- Image template for a 3 column website (width x height: 484 x 300 pixels)
- Image template for a 2 column website (width x height: 608 x 400 pixels)
- Image template for side content (width x height: 200 x 150)
- Making Images with Picasa (an in-depth tutorial on creating banners and other images for your website using Picasa, a free program from Google)
- Cheatsheet for screenshots or Office pictures (cheatsheet on how to take a picture out of Word or Publisher, or take a "screenshot" that copies everything on your screen, quickly edit it, and upload the picture to your website)
How to add Facebook to your library's website:
What should I put on my library's website?
For ideas on what kinds of information should be available on a library's website, download our list of suggestions. We also encourage you to look at other library websites to get ideas. Libraries that belong to Yellowhead, Marigold, Parkland and Chinook Arch also have Hybrid Forge websites, so don't be afraid to explore!