hoopla offers thousands of eBooks, audiobooks, comics, albums, TV shows and movies to library patrons. Borrow up to 5 items per month without hold lists and worrying about late fees. Stream your content on your computers or take it on the go by downloading your items onto your devices using the hoopla app.
Check to see if your device is compatible with the hoopla app here.
hoopla supports most browsers for streaming:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
In order to use a web browser to watch video, patrons will need to download a browser add-on called Widevine. Patrons should be prompted to download this when they first click the title they are wishing to play. If they are not prompted to download this plug-in, they can head to www.widevine.com/download/videooptimizer/index.
Get extra help from hoopla here.
Most problems with hoopla are due to device issues, not a problem with hoopla itself. If the device is not functioning correctly, your patron should contact the device's manufacturer.
For Apple/iOS devices
- English: https://support.apple.com/en-ca
- French: https://support.apple.com/fr-ca
- Contact information: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/contact
For Samsung devices
For Kobo Devices
- English: https://www.kobo.com/help
- French: https://fr.kobo.com/help
- Contact information: https://kobo.frontlinesvc.com/app/lanpag
For Sony eReaders
- English: https://esupport.sony.com/CA/