Benefits of our Regional Partnership
Peace Library System services are designed with the needs of our member public libraries in mind.
Working cooperatively with municipalities and public libraries, Peace Library System stays on top of the trends and changes in the library world to assist libraries in offering the best possible services to their patrons.
Participation in Peace Library System offers many advantages to member libraries:
- Pooled purchasing of books and materials means library budgets go further. Library money is used in the most effective way possible.
- Libraries are no longer limited by their four walls. With the Peace Library System/TRAC database, The Alberta Library (TAL) database and interlibrary loan services, patrons can borrow books and materials from around the province.
- Peace Library System residents who have a TAL (The Alberta Library) card can use it to borrow materials at hundreds of libraries across the province, including from many university libraries.
- Member libraries enjoy visits by some of Canada’s top-ranked authors on tours organized centrally by Peace Library System staff.
- Library Managers and trustees can ensure their professional skills are up-to-date through continuing education opportunities organized by Peace Library System.
- Professional library consultants make regular visits to member libraries, and are available for email and phone consultations.
- Library managers save valuable time by allowing Peace Library System staff to order, receive, catalogue and process their books for them.
- Expert computer and technical advice is available from Peace Library System Technical Services staff.
- Patrons can receive accurate, timely answers to their questions thanks to the Ask Us virtual reference service.